GLOSS FINISHES: Use a wet, non-abrasive solution that contains NO solvents and NO alcohol and has a pH value between 3 and 11. Products such as Croftgate Wrap Care, Rapid Clear Vinyl Polish & Turtle Wax Ice are recommended cleaning products by 3M.
SATIN OR MATTE FINISHES: Special care must be taken to avoid scuffing or scratching of the film. Scuffs and scratches may be visible, and may not be able to work out of the vinyl due to this type of finish. Matte and satin are made from a gloss finish. The vinyl is grated down to create this unique finish, and can return to its original gloss state if improperly cared for. To avoid such damage, do not use harsh chemicals or brushes when cleaning vinyl. Do not apply waxes, polishes, or clear coats.
ALL FINISHES: Wash thoroughly from the top down and avoid excessive scrubbing. If contaminants are not removed after normal cleaning, we recommend trying 3M citrus based cleaner or 3M marine mildew stain remover on a customer test-and-approve basis.
- Power washing may be used to clean; however, aggressive washing can damage the graphics, voiding all warranties.
- Car washes may be used, but keep in mind that hard brushes and bristles can catch loose edges of the graphic and cause damage to the vinyl. Brushes will also dull the finish of the vinyl. Damage or premature fading caused by car washes void all warranties.
- Rotate vehicles parking spots frequently to ensure there is no premature sun fading.
- Special care must be taken to avoid scuffing or scratching the film. Scuffs and scratches may be visible, and may not be able to work out of the vinyl due to the type of finish.
- Matte and Satin vinyl is made from a gloss finish vinyl. The vinyl is grated down to create this unique finish, but it can go back to its glossy finish if improperly cared for.
- To avoid such damage, do not use harsh chemicals or brushes when cleaning the vinyl. Do not apply waxes, polishes, or clear coats.
- You can purchase Matte or Satin finish specific cleaners online or at your local Autozone.
- Use mild liquid detergent and water solution and wash the graphic with a soft brush, rag, or sponge.
- Wipe the graphic with a water-soaked sponge to wash away the detergent.
- Dry the graphic with a clean towel.
- Make contact with our team immediately, after damage is noticed. This allows us to have a better chance in repairing the panel and not replacing.
- Once the graphics have been exposed to the elements, it is not possible to repair it to its original state. Sometimes graphic damage can be repaired, but visible differences will most likely occur. Repairs are not warrantied.
- Depending on the location and extent of the damage, we can strategize our options in order to repair, patch, or replace.
- Per 3M it is recommended to replace the total panel or full wrap dependent upon extent and location of damage.